Friday, March 6, 2009

What's your channel?



While you were sleeping, I was working like crazy on my web presence, trying to get my organic Google score higher, trying to be recognized on the internet where it's all happening. I decided to create my own YouTube Channel where I can post videos of our work and of me working at actual weddings.

Right now, I'm creating 4 to 6 videos and as I reviewed the material, one thing became clear. Brides ask for photojournalistic photographs and then order traditional photos for their albums.

When brides ask us how we shoot, my response always is, “however you want." Typically, we take 20% of the photos as formals or portraits and about 80% as photojournalistic or candid. Yet, when it comes to the albums, brides order the reverse. Maybe the photo of your cousin, all sweaty in a wild dance move, is not what you want to remember about the most important day of your life or show the kids when they ask to see your wedding. You want to point out all the family members, especially those who have passed on.

So what's behind this new trend? Is it the proliferation of digital? Is it the celebrity culture we live in? I will let you know when the videos post.

No comments:

Post a Comment