Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Factoid to Blow Your Mind


According to Fred Molesworth "something over 90% of all images taken on today's digital cameras are NEVER PRINTED."

Wow! I thought about that statement and quickly realized that he was right! I have terabytes of personal photographs that have never seen the inside of a print, wet or dry!

I guess you could say I'm making a subtle pitch for selling an album but it's more than that. Even if you transfer the images to gold archival DVDs, there is no reason to believe that any one will have a machine to read the DVD in 20 years. And what if the power goes out? Will the grand kids be able to flip through your old photos by fire or flash light? It's just like 8mm movies and BETA.

So, I know it might seem silly or wasteful to print those images now, but think about the future and please think about how you want to leave your treasured images for your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment