Thursday, April 9, 2009

Predeparture E-mails



Two important last minute emails arrived in the last36 hours. One was from the Congress Co-chair. He asked me to be his official photographer, something I have done for him in the past. My immediate reply, it will be my pleasure.

The second was from our B and B. My radar alarm bells went off and my thinking was "Now what? and gingerly opened the email like you do a paper envelope when you don't want to read the contents. It was a shock!! A cordial welcome e-mail from the owner telling us we were in the Julia room and asking what time we would arrive. What a pleasant surprise.

My response was: "How nice to get a welcome email from our home away from home. My brother and I arrive separately in Venice at 0940 and 1015 AM. We have to process, get money, find the luggage, buy a Venizia pass etc. Then it is time for a gelato. After that we will water taxi, train, or bus to the island. Then it is time for coffee and pastry. We hope to arrive at your home ~ 1400-1500 hours. Is that good for you? By that time and after all that heavy lifting, we might need another gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment