Friday, April 10, 2009

15 hours, 25 Minutes to Freedom








Where did the term Freedom Bird originate? For me it was Nam in 68, the flight back home, the end of which was a symbolic pass along the length of the Golden Gate Bridge, wings rocking and every man and woman screaming their lungs out. In 15 hours and 25 minutes I will board a UAL flight to Frankfurt and then on to Venice, for some gelato, coffee and pastries, and a week with my younger twin brother, bopping around and refusing to grow up. I have not packed a thing yet. I have two piles and some more in the bedroom. Mentally I am on vacation and making plans for the photography. I will play tourist for 3.5 days and then morph into the conference photographer. This is pure vacation for me, a little kid, plenty of expensive toys and plenty of photo ops. What more can a person do as they wait to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment