Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reasonable Expectations

A few nights ago I had my usual pre-wedding meeting with a bride although she had a few unusual requests:

She had a list of poses (which I usually love; I know exactly what is expected and make sure we don't miss an important shot) but with a 20+ bridal party, 225 guests and a large family, her stipulation for no "before the ceremony" photo time? whew! Let's just say we had a long talk about the length of time it takes to make beautiful photograph. How and what she wanted would slow the process and could prevent her from enjoying the day.

My bride also brought in a number of magazine clippings as examples of what she wanted. As far as poses are concerned I was delighted, however I felt it necessary to make sure she was clear Bridal magazines are just like any other book on the stands. Those women are models to begin with. Then the photos are manipulated to trim the upper arms and make their skin shine like the top of the Chrysler building.

Not sure what to do with her request for her own personal photographer to follow around my team and duplicate our shots but I think we made ample progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment