Monday, May 4, 2009

Generational Photographer







When you have been a photographer for as many years as I have, you have some family business from previous clients you have worked with. I photographed the wedding of sisters, the Bar or Bat Mitzvahs of the children in a family but this weekend's circumstances were different .

My wife and I know Brenda and Murry from our children’s grammar school. We became family friends. Then one of the sons became a husband and my photographs now hang on their wall, admired by their children. Funny thing, a second son found a bride and his wife says the kids love to pour over the album, seeing mom and dad on their special day. But there was one son, whose wedding I missed. I was lucky enough to be at that son’s son's Bar Mitzvah.
As I was photographing, it struck me. Our two families have been intertwined for 40+ years and I have been fortunate enough to record some of our friend's children's life events. It is a happy feeling to hear kids of kids tell you they like your photographs from the time they were gleams in their parent’s eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment